Dental implantation of teeth is the restoration of a missing tooth with the help of an artificial tooth root (implant) and its subsequent prosthetics. Technically, this is a surgical operation, the purpose of which is to implant a dental implant in the dental bone. Then the abutment is inserted into this implant and then the crown is placed afterwards. The advantage of this method of treatment is that, in fact, if we talk about one implant, it does not affect adjacent teeth and accordingly they do not take on a part of the load of the lost tooth.
In the absence of two or more teeth, especially in a row, it is already a question of total work, and 4-6 implants are implanted in the dental bone, which are not fixed with individual crowns, but with integral non-removable constructions.
Indications for implantation is the absence of one or more teeth for restoring chewing and aesthetic functions. It is important not to delay with implantation, because after the tooth extraction in the course of time bone tissue disappears, there are changes in the gum, and for the entire tooth row the lack of teeth does not bring any benefit as adjacent teeth can become more mobile, which will add them some problems. Teeth that are in front of the empty place also do not feel "support" and lose their functions. Integrity of the dentition is one of the most important elements of the health of your teeth.
As in any procedure, implantation has its own contraindications:
- certain diseases - an allergy to anesthetics (although in this case it is possible to put implants in a medication dream), coagulation disorders, AIDS, cancer, certain diseases of the cardiovascular system, and a lack of bone tissue when the implant simply has nowhere to integrate. In this case, either bone plastic is performed and the volume of bone tissue is increased artificially, or the patient is offered another, alternative type of treatment without using implants, for example, a bridge prosthesis: when the adjacent teeth support the bridge prosthesis. This method restores chewing and aesthetic functions, but also has its drawbacks, for example, adjacent teeth may not be able to cope with the additional load, and eventually the prosthetic zone will need to be enlarged with the help of the following teeth. In such case the gum also suffers, it can become inflamed, lose its volume with time.
Stages of implantation:
1. Preparatory stage.
Before proceeding directly to implant a dental implant into bone tissue, you need:
- to undergo complete diagnostics (CT scan is the most informative way before the implantation procedure, which will show practically all the processes in the oral cavity), it is compulsory to undergo professional tooth cleaning. Any dentist believes (and it is right) that the "work surface" should be clean before work. Under dental plaque or calculus one may not notice the beginning caries, and this is an infection that can affect the result of the implantologist's work.
- to make sure that there are no problems in the area of implantation and in the oral cavity (inflammation, caries on adjacent teeth, periodontitis, etc.), if any, first deal with them
- to have necessary tests, which the doctor will prescribe before the implantation, to be sure to inform the doctor about the lifestyle, bad habits, illnesses, medications taken. All these factors can significantly affect the implant success or the rehabilitation period. Your dentist needs to know these factors in order to take them into account in further treatment.
The implantation procedure itself passes quickly and painlessly. The surgeon-implantologist needs not more than half an hour to implant an implant. The patient usually does not feel anything because of anesthesia. The site of the implant is sutured. In a few days it is necessary to see a doctor for an examination, the stitches will be removed and the doctor will estimate the healing speed of the implantation site. Then it takes several months for the implant to finally take hold and grow with a tissue. Depending on the individual characteristics, this process takes 4-6 months.
3. The next stage of implantation is the installation of the abutment. This is a special post, which is inserted into the implant from one side, and the the upper part of the implant is covered with a crown.
Taking care of implants is as easy as of the teeth:
- thoroughly and correctly brush your teeth
- 2-3 times a year to have a professional tooth cleaning
- to use dental floss and rinse
- to carefully treat the crown (do not crack nuts and do not open bottles)
- Well, implants do not really like bad habits such as smoking and alcohol. These habits significantly worsen implant integration and healing. Alcohol is contraindicated several days before and after implantation.
And, finally, we remind that implantability of an implant is 97%. In the world of dentistry nothing better for restoring the masticatory and aesthetic functions has yet been invented.
Our prices for dental implantation in the Vilida clinic in Obolon:
|Installing One Q Implant, Alpha Bio Implant||10 000,00|
|Installing Biohorizons Implant||21 000,00|
|Installing Straumann Implant||35 000,00|
You can see the full price list for the Vilida Clinic services at the reception.